Hart's Battery was organized in Dallas County, Arkansas, during the late summer of 1861 with 4 officers and 70 men. The unit fought at Elkhorn Tavern, then a section was transferred east of the Mississippi River. This section was eventually consolidated into Cobb's Kentucky Battery. The rest of the company was engaged at Arkansas Post and captured in January, 1863. When exchanged and reorganized, it was attached to the Trans-Mississippi Department and often called 2nd Field Battery or 2nd Battery Mounted. At the end of the war it was with the Reserve Battalion at Marshall, Texas. Captain William Hart was in command.
Officers: Cpt. William Hart; Lt. D. O'Connell; Lt. G.W. McIntosh; 2nd Lt. E.A. Dubose; 2nd Lt. James Nolan'
Also Known As: 2nd Arkansas Artillery Battery; Dallas Artillery Battery