McMurtrey's Cavalry Battalion

McMurtrey' Cavalry Battalion was formed during the spring of 1864 with men from the Little Rock area. It was brigaded under W. A. Crawford and J. C. Wright, Trans-Mississippi Department. The unit fought at Poison Spring and Marks' Mills, saw light action in Northern Louisiana then was broken up during the spring of 1865. It was commanded by Lieutenant Colonel E. L. McMurtrey.

Previous Page