Organized at Camp Rector on May 14, 1861. Moved to Pocahontas, Ark. where it was mustered into Confederate service on July 23, 1861. Trained at Pittman's Ferry; served in the Upper District of Arkansas and in the Army of Central Kentucky as part of Hardee's Division from September to December, 1861. Renamed as the 15th Arkansas Infantry Regiment by the Confederate War Department on December 31, 1861. (see 15th Arkansas Infantry below for further service.)
Officers: Col Patrick R. Cleburne. Field Officers: Lt. Col. Archibald E. Patton; Maj. John E. Glenn; Maj. James T. Harris.
Also Known As: Arkansas 1st (Cleburne's) Infantry Regiment; 15th Arkansas Infantry Regiment.