4th Engineers Regiment
4th Engineers Regiment was organized during the
summer of 1864 at Shreveport, Louisiana. Most of its members were
from Louisiana, Arkansas, and Texas, but it is doubtful that the
unit contained more than three companies. It was assigned to Headquarters,
Trans-Mississippi Department, and for a time operated along the
western bank of the Mississippi River. The command was probably
broken up early in 1865. Colonel Hugh T. Douglas was its commander.