Dyke's Company

Light Artillery

Leon Light Artillery was organized in the spring of 1862 with 79 officers and men. During March, 1863, it contained 172 effectives and was divided into two companies. One became the Kilcrease Artillery and the other continued to serve as the Leon Artillery. Assigned to the Department of South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida, this unit fought at Olustee, served in Florida, and in March, 1865, was at Camp Sumter, Georgia, guarding prisoners. It was included in the surrender on May 10, 1865. Captains E.E. Dyke and R.H. Gamble were in command.



Previous Page