Pulaski Light Artillery was organized during the fall of 1861 with men from Pulaski County. More than 130 officers and men were mustered into Confederate service with the company. It served in Georgia and South Carolina, then moved to Virginia. The unit was first attached to the 1st Regiment Virginia Artillery, then it was assigned to H.C. Cabell's Battalion of Artillery. It fought with the Army of Northern Virginia from the Seven Days' Battles to Cold Harbor, was involved in the Petersburg siege, and saw action around Appomattox. The company lost eighteen percent of the 78 engaged at Sharpsburg, sustained 5 casualties at Salem Church, and had 4 killed and 14 wounded out of the 63 at Gettysburg. It surrendered with only 4 men. Captains John C. Fraser and John P.W. Read were in command.