Echols Light Artillery was assembled at Valdosta, Georgia, during the spring of 1862. Its members were recruited in Echols and Lowndes counties. The company served in the Department of South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida and saw action in the conflicts at Olustee and Gainesville. Later it shared in the defense of Savannah but in January, 1865, was broken up. Captain John H. Tiller was in command.