1st Chickasaw Cavalry Regiment

1st Chickasaw Cavalry Regiment was formed during the spring of 1863, but was always undermanned. It was attached to General D. H. Cooper's Brigade, Trans-Mississippi Department, and participated in various conflicts in the Indian Territory. The unit disbanded late in 1864. Lieutenant Colonel S. H. Martin and Major Abram B. Hays were its commanders.

Previous Page