2nd Creek Infantry Regiment
2nd Creek Infantry Regiment completed its organization
in September, 1861, near Eufaula, Creek Nation, and served as
mounted infantry It was formed as the 1st Creek Battalion and
in May, 1862, totaled about 400 officers and men. New companies
were added and within a year it was brought up to regimental strength.
The unit was assigned to duty in the Department of the Indian
Territory, then was placed in General D. H. Cooper's and Watie's
Brigade, Trans-Mississippi Department. It raided and skirmished
in the Indian Territory and surrendered in June, 1865. The field
officers were Colonels Timothy Barnett and Chilly McIntosh, and
Lieutenant Colonel Pink Hawkins.