Bledsoe's Light Artillery was formed in the spring of 1862 and served in the Trans-Mississippi Department. It was active at Newtonia, Cane Hill, and Prairie Grove, then moved with Marmaduke into Missouri. Attached to General Shelby's Brigade, the unit lost 1 killed and 6 wounded at Helena and sustained 5 casualties during the advance on Little Rock. It disbanded during December, 1863. Captain Joseph Bledsoe was its commander.