Clark Light Artillery was organized in January, 1862 as a light artillery company of the Missouri State Guard. It transferred to Confederate service in February. Later it moved east of the Mississippi River and in September had 71 men present for duty. The unit fought at luka, Corinth, and Hatchie Bridge, then was attached to the Cavalry Division, Department of Mississippi and East Louisiana. Under this command it was involved in various conflicts in Mississippi until the spring of 1864. At that time it joined the Army of Tennessee. After fighting in the Atlanta Campaign, the battery served in the Department of Alabama, Mississippi, and East Louisiana. It was then dismounted and sent to Meridian, Mississippi, to be refitted, but it's not clear if this was accomplished. The battery probably disbanded in the early spring of 1865. Captain Houston King was in command.