2nd (Hunter's) Infantry Regiment

2nd (Hunter's) Infantry Regiment was organized during the early summer of 1862 and served as cavalry until dismounted on August 31. Its designation was then changed to the 8th (Burns') Missouri Infantry and later changed again to the 11th to agree with the War Department number. Colonel De Witt C. Hunter, Lieutenant Colonel Simon P. Burns, and Major Thomas H. Murray were its commanders.

Previous Page