Taylor's-Stankiewicz's-Weller's Battery [also called Rock City Artillery] was organized at Nashville, Tennessee, during the summer of 1861. Although the company was mustered into Confederate service as light artillery, it appears to have always manned the heavy guns. One section was stationed at Fort Henry, Tennessee, and another at Fort Heiman, Kentucky. The section at Fort Henry was captured, and the men at Fort Heiman withdrew to Fort Donelson and were subsequently captured when it fell. After being exchanged, it was assigned to the Department of Mississippi and East Louisiana, ordered to Port Hudson, and captured in July, 1863. Again exchanged, the unit served as infantry, then as light artillery, and in January, 1864, merged into the 1st Tennessee Heavy Artillery Regiment. Its captains were Peter Stankiewicz, Jesse Taylor, F.J. Weller.