Creuzbaur's-Welhausen's Battery was organized during the late summer of 1861 with men from Fayette County. The unit was assigned to the Trans-Mississippi Department and served at Fort Brown, Galveston, and Virginia Point. In August, 1864, it contained 1 officer and 23 men, and during February, 1865, there were 75 effectives present. The company was included in the surrender on June 2. Captains Edmund Creuzbaur and Charles Welhausen were in command.