Good's-Douglas' Battery was composed of two fifty-man companies, one from Dallas and one from Smith County, and were united at Dallas in June, 1861. The unit fought at Elkhorn Tavern, moved east of the Mississippi River, and saw action in the Corinth and Kentucky operations. Later it was assigned to Courtney's and Hoxton's Battalion of Artillery, participated in the campaigns of the Army of Tennessee from Murfreesboro to Nashville, then aided in the defense of Mobile. This company contained 103 men in December 1861, reported 2 casualties at Murfreesboro and 1 at Chickamauga, and totaled 85 effectives in March 1864. Very few surrendered on May 4, 1865. Captains James P. Douglas and John G. Good were in command.