Greer's Battery completed its organization at San Antonio, Texas, in December, 1863. It was recuited for the specific purpose of firing rockets that were to be produced at San Antonio. The unit served at Galveston, then returned to San Antonio but the test of rockets proved disastrous. During June or July, 1864, the company disbanded and the men transferred to other commands. Captain John S. Greer was its commander.
|First Name||Last Name||Rank_In||Rank_Out|
|A. W. H.||Sanford||-||-|