Willke's Battery [also called
Austin Light Artillery]

Willke's Battery [also called Austin Light Artillery] was organized by H. Willke in June, 1861, at Austin, Texas. Attached to the Trans-Mississippi Department, the unit served along the Texas coast and part of this service was as heavy artillery. In 1864 it was assigned to the 7th Artillery Battalion and was included in the surrender on June 2, 1865. Captain Herman Willke was its commander.

Previous Page