12th Cavalry Battalion

12th Cavalry Battalion was formed in April 1862 with five companies from the 13th Texas Infantry Regiment. The unit served in the Trans-Mississippi Department along the Texas Coast. During the fall of 1863, it merged into the 35th (Brown's) Texas Cavalry Regiment. Lieutenant Colonel Reuben R. Brown and Major Samuel W. Perkins were in command.

Previous Page