Bradford's Cavalry Regiment

Bradford's Cavalry Regiment was formed during the early spring of 1864. Attached to the Trans-Mississippi Department, it was stationed at Galveston and Matagorda, and a detachment guarded prisoners at Tyler. In November it contained 20 officers and 217 men, and during January, 1865, the regiment was reorganized and re-designated Mann's Texas Cavalry. The field officers were Colonel Charles M. Bradford, Lieutenant Colonel Walter L. Mann, and Major Thomas R. Hoxey.

Previous Page