Brandon Light Artillery

Brandon Light Artillery completed its organization in May 1861 and became Company E of the 1st Regiment Virginia Artillery. It was detached in December and assigned to J. R. C. Lewis' Battalion, a temporary field command. Later the unit became Company D, 10th Battalion Virginia Heavy Artillery and was then known as the Jamestown Heavy Artillery. Its commander was Captain William Allen.

Previous Page