Cocke's-Ancell's Battery

Cocke's-Ancell's Battery [also called 2nd Fluvanna Artillery] was organized in August, 1861. The unit served in the Richmond area, then moved with the Army of Northern Virginia and saw action in the Maryland Campaign. During November, 1862, it merged with Holman's-Huckstep's Battery to form the Fluvanna Light Artillery. Captains John J. Ancell and Cary C. Cocke were in command.

Previous Page