Fluvanna Light Artillery was formed in November, 1862, by consolidating Holman's-Huckstep's and Cocke's-Ancell's Batteries. The unit served in W. Nelson's Battalion and fought with the Army of Northern Virginia from Fredericksburg to Cold Harbor. Later it moved with Early to the Shenandoah Valley and was active around Appomattox. Twelve percent of the 90 men engaged at Gettysburg were disabled and at the surrender in April, 1865, none were present. Its captains were John L. Massie and Charles G. Snead.