Johnson's-Clutter's Battery [also called Jackson's Flying Artillery] was organized at Richmond, Virginia, during March, 1862, with men from Richmond. The unit was assigned to R. L. Walker's, D. G. McIntosh's, and M. Johnson's Battalion of Artillery, Army of Northern Virginia. It served with the army from the Seven Days' Battles to Cold Harbor, was active in the operations at Petersburg, and ended the war at Appomattox. The battery had 96 men at Gettysburg and surrendered with 1 officer and 55 men. Its captains were Valentine J. Clutter and Marmaduke Johnson.