Magruder Light Artillery was formed at Richmond, Virginia, in March 1862. During April it contained 48 effectives and was attached to the Army of Northern Virginia until after the Maryland Campaign. In October the battery was broken up and its members, 1 officer and 45 men, transferred to the Bedford Light Artillery. Captain Thomas J. Page, Jr. was in command.