Morris Light Artillery [also called Louisa Battery] was organized during August 1861. The unit was assigned to W. Nelson's, H. P. Jones', T. H. Carter's, R. C. M. Page's, and W. E. Cutshaw's Battalion of Artillery, Army of Northern Virginia. It participated in various conflicts from the Seven Days' Battles to Cold Harbor, fought with Early in the Shenandoah Valley, and ended the war at Appomattox. The battery reported 5 casualties during the Seven Days' Battles, and of the 114 engaged at Gettysburg, thirty-one percent were disabled. It surrendered 31 men on April 9, 1865. Captains Lewis M. Coleman, Charles R. Montgomery, and R. C. M. Page were in command.