Parker's Battery completed its organization at Richmond, Virginia, in March 1862. It served in S. D. Lee's, E. P. Alexander's, and J. C. Huger's Battalion of Artillery, Army of Northern Virginia. The unit was active from Second Manassas to Cold Harbor, then participated in the operations against Petersburg and the Appomattox Campaign. It reported 2 casualties at Fredericksburg, one section had 23 men disabled at Chancellorsville, and of the 90 engaged at Gettysburg, twenty percent were killed, wounded, or missing. The company was included in the surrender on April 9, 1865, but only 3 members were present. Captains J. T. Brown, Jr. and William W. Parker were its commanders.
Reference for rosters: Parker's Virginia Battery C. S. A. by Robert K. Krick. Virginia Book Company, Berryville, Va. 1975.