Sands'--Ritter's Battery

Sands'-Ritter's Battery [also called Henrico Artillery] was organized during the early summer of 1861. The unit was stationed at Yorktown, then was on duty in the Richmond area. In October 1862, it was broken up and the officers and men joined other Virginia artillery companies. Its commanders were Captains William B. Ritter and Johnson H. Sands.

Previous Page