42nd Cavalry Battalion

42nd Cavalry Battalion was organized in September 1863, by consolidating the 32nd and 40th Battalions Virginia Cavalry. The unit contained eight companies and served in the Department of Richmond. During May 1864, it contained 216 effectives and in June merged into the 24th Regiment Virginia Cavalry. Lieutenant Colonel William T. Robins and Major John R. Robertson were in command.

Previous Page