27th Battalion Partisan Rangers

27th Battalion Partisan Rangers was formed in September 1862, with seven companies, later increased to nine. The unit served in General Hodge's and W. E. Jones' Brigade and participated in various engagements in, East Tennessee and western Virginia. During April, 1864, it contained 240 effectives, and in July it merged into the 25th Regiment Virginia Cavalry. Lieutenant Colonel Henry A. Edmundson was in command.

Previous Page