Field & Staff
2nd Battalion Reserves was organized in July 1864, with six companies, later increased to eight. It was attached to General G. W. C. Lee's Brigade, Department of Richmond, and in November contained 222 effectives. During December the unit was transferred to General P. T. Moore's command and in January 1865, had 138 men present for duty. Most of its members were captured at Sayler's Creek on April 6. Lieutenant Colonel John H. Guy and Major Edward B. Cook were in command.