Field & Staff
3rd Battalion Reserves was organized at Petersburg, Virginia, in June, 1864, with six companies. The men were from Petersburg, and Dinwiddie and Prince George counties. It served in the Petersburg area, then in January 1865, was assigned to S. M. Bartons Brigade, Department of Richmond. On April 9, the battalion surrendered 4 officers and 14 men. Lieutenant Colonels F. H. Archer and W. H. Hood, and Majors Thomas H. Bond and William H. Jarvis were in command.