Field & Staff with Officers of Companies---Unassigned
On the 20th of December, 1864, a call was made for eleven regiments of infantry to serve for one year, and recruiting rendevous were established at the headquarters of each of the District Provost Marshals, from which recruits were forwarded to the general rendevous at Indianapolis. Chief recruiting officers were, also, appointed in each District whose exertions materially aided the recruitment of the regiments. Subsequently five additional regiments for the same arm and term of service were called for, to be recruited in the same manner. Under these calls the following organization was raised, mustered into service and sent to the field:
The One Hundred and Fiftieth Regiment--Was recruited in the Eighth Congressional District, and was organized at Indianapolis, on the 9th of March, 1865, with Marse B. Taylor as Colonel. On the 13th it left Indianapolis for Harper's Ferry, Virginia, arriving there on the 17th, and shortly after was marched to Charlestown. From thence it moved to Winchester, and from there to Stevenson Station, where it remained until the 27th of June. It then marched to Jordan's Springs, near Opequan, where it remained until its muster-out, on the 5th of August, 1865. On the 9th of August it arrived at Indianapolis with twenty-five officers and eight hundred and seventy men for final discharge, and on the 11th was present at a reception given to returned regiments in the State House grove, where it was addressed by Lieutenant Governor Baker, General Benjamin Harrison and others.
Organized at Indianapolis, Ind., and mustered in March 9, 1865. Left State for Harper's Ferry, W. Va., March 13. Duty at Charleston, Winchester, Stevenson's Station and Jordan's Springs, Va., until August. Mustered out August 5, 1865.
Lost during service 35 by disease.