Field & Staff with Officers of Companies---Unassigned
On the 20th of December, 1864, a call was made for eleven regiments of infantry to serve for one year, and recruiting rendevous were established at the headquarters of each of the District Provost Marshals, from which recruits were forwarded to the general rendevous at Indianapolis. Chief recruiting officers were, also, appointed in each District whose exertions materially aided the recruitment of the regiments. Subsequently five additional regiments for the same arm and term of service were called for, to be recruited in the same manner. Under these calls the following organization was raised, mustered into service and sent to the field:
The One Hundred and Fifty-Fourth Regiment--Was recruited in the Eighth Congressional District, and was organized at Indianapolis on the 20th of April, 1865, with Frank Wilcox as Colonel. On the 28th of April it left Indianapolis, under command of Major Simpson, and reached Parkersburg, West Virginia, on the 30th, where it remained until the 2nd of May, and then moved into the Shenandoah Valley, halting at Stevenson Station on the 4th. Here it remained until the 27th of June, engaged in doing guard duty, and then continued on duty to Opequan Creek, and there remained until it was ordered to be mustered out. On the 4th of August, 1865, it was mustered out of service, and arrived at Indianapolis, on the 7th, with thirty-two officers and seven hundred and thirty-four men for final discharge. On the 8th it was present at a reception given to returned regiments, in the Capitol grounds, and was soon after discharged from service.
Organized at Indianapolis, Ind., April 20, 1865. Left State for Parkersburg, W. Va., April 30; thence moved to Stevenson's Station, Shenandoah Valley, Va., May 2-4. Duty at Stevenson's Station until June 27, and at Opequan Creek until August 4. Mustered out August 4, 1865.
Lost during service 1 Enlisted man killed and 40 Enlisted men by disease. Total 41.