Organized at New York City December 27, 1862. Assigned to duty at Fort Schuyler, New York Harbor, Dept. of the East, as garrison until March, 1864. Duty at Hart's Island, New York Harbor, until May, 1864. At Fort Columbus, New York Harbor, Dept. of the East, until April, 1865, and at Battery Barracks, New York, until July, 1865. Mustered out July 31, 1865.
Battery lost during service 6 by disease.