18th Battalion Partisan Rangers

18th Battalion Partisan Rangers, formerly Gunter's 1st Battalion, was organized during the summer of 1862 in Jackson County. Composed of five companies, the unit served under Forrest and skirmished along the Tennessee River. In November it was dismounted by consent and called Gibson's and 18th or 21st Battalion, then was attached to the 33rd Alabama Regiment without losing its organization. Majors John H. Gibson and S. C. Williams were in command.

Previous Page